Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Travel beginnings

As my contract comes to an official end, I've had  an overwhelming feeling of anxiety today. Im excited for my 5 months of travel but nervous as nothing has ever been so uncertain in my life.  I am my mother's daughter and I always have a plan. It feels weird to not have a set plan for where I   am going to go or what I am going to move on to after im I'm finished with my travels.

I'll be spending six weeks in Indonesia  and during two of those weeks, I'll have 2 friends come visit. After Indonesia comes Myanmar ( the old Burma) and after that I'm not entirely sure  which country I'll end up in. It will either be Cambodia or Laos.

As of now, im sitting in the airport waiting to board a flight to Raja Ampat. I can hardly believe the time is already here for this. It's been an idea for so long that it seems unreal that the time has come for it to actually happen.

I'm not sure if I'll actually miss Jakarta but I know that I'll definitely miss the awesome people I've met and become friends with here . I've learned a lot but now it's time to take those lessons and apply them to the next chapter of my life.

That's all for now.  I'll do my best to update this a bit more than my last blog. For now, sampai jumpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment