Saturday, June 28, 2014

Raja Ampat, Koranu Fyak Homestay

The second homestay I am staying at is called Koranu Fyak Homestay and is located on Pulau Kri amid a long stretch of beach and homestays. In comparison to Kordiris, not much is different except that we are able to interact with many other backpackers due to the close proximity of the other homestays.

Just a short jaunt down the beach is Yenkoranu Homestay. Here, we've met many more travelers and Danna used them to take her first dive trip. I tagged along to the jetty to snorkel. It was here that I finally felt like I was seeing what Raja Ampat truly had to offer in the way of underwaterparadise. The other spots I've been to so far have either had a lot of dead coral or not as many fish as I expected. The amout and diversity of the fish and coral in this spot were incredible! As I jumped in, there were hundreds of tiny fish jumping out of the water. I swam through countless schools of fish and even had a trigger fish chase after me. I had no idea such fish existed, although I should have guessed that somewhere, some day, I would get chased by a fish. They're very territorial and in my attempt to escape, I kicked it pretty good with my fin. I don't feel as crazy for getting chased by one of these fish because Danna also got chased by one while she was diving.

I truly don't know what else to write in order to describe what I saw. I plan to go back because in my true fashion, I didn't check my batteries before heading out and after the first picture, the camera went dead.

Again, this post was written on the island and will be posted when I return to places with WiFi.

No comments:

Post a Comment